This salad tastes fantastic with a poached egg on top, too. Feel free to substitute extra-crisp bacon or rendered bits of pancetta for the prosciutto.
More recipes inspired by local eggs:
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound mixed greens
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup prosciutto, sliced and crisped in a pan with olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together tarragon, Dijon mustard, sea salt, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. In a large bowl, toss the greens with enough of the dressing to coat them lightly. Divide the salad onto 4 plates and top with hard-boiled egg slices and prosciutto pieces. Add freshly ground pepper and chives to taste. Serves 4.