- 3 ½ cups Shetler’s buttermilk
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
Summer Fruit Topping
- 1 quart fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon good sherry vinegar
Add cold buttermilk to a medium mixing bowl and sprinkle in gelatin to bloom.
In a medium saucepan heat combined heavy whipping cream, sugar and maple syrup over medium-low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Add the buttermilk/gelatin mixture and cook until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from heat, pour mixture through a fine-mesh strainer and portion into small mason jars. Refrigerate overnight. Remove panna cotta from refrigerator and rest at room temperature for one hour. Garnish with summer fruit topping and serve.