- 1 large red onion, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons blood orange extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound Asiago Cheese (a 2-inch square piece), cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon 18-year-old balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F. Caramelize onions in a pan over low heat in 2 tablespoons balsamic. Place Brussels sprouts in a pan or dish suitable for oven roasting. Drizzle blood orange extra virgin olive oil over Brussels sprouts and roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until Brussels sprouts are just done.
Toss Asiago cheese with 1 tablespoon balsamic. Mix roasted sprouts with Asiago. Top with caramelized onions and add salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4 to 6.
Wine pairing: Pinot Gris