The following recipe was first featured in the August 2014 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine as a complement to a profile of Charlevoix’s barbecue baron, Adam Kline, and his epicurean exploits at his restaurant and food truck, Pigs Eatin’ Ribs.
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground
- black pepper
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together with slaw dressing and toss to combine.