- 2 cups Gewürztraminer
- 6 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Pinch cayenne, to taste
- 1 medium head Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 granny smith apples, thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Boil wine in heavy medium saucepan until reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 10 to 15 minutes. Pour into small bowl and let cool. Whisk in oil and vinegar.
Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne, to taste.
Toss apple and celery in large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat. Spoon dollops of apple mixture into endive leaves and top with pecans and Parmesan shavings. Serves 6 to 8 as a starter.