Grand Traverse County is seeking Universal Aides
Primary functions of the job is to perform individual in-home personal care for clients and provide homemaking assistance to clients of the Commission on Aging, such as laundry, vacuuming, cleaning, dusting, and related items.
Employees work as part of a team and are responsible for ensuring that the team meets its objectives.
The work schedule may be irregular depending on need and number of clients requesting service.
It will also require travel by the employee in the employee’s own vehicle or other means of transportation.
Job Duties include:
- Performs a variety of personal care and health care tasks for clients.
- Bathes clients (complete, partial, shower, tub or bed bathing).
- Assesses basic vital signs, checks on medication.
- Provides oral, skin, and hair care.
- Assists patient with range of motion activities, checks for bed sores or other issues.
- Cares, cleans, and empties urinals, bedpans, urinary drainage or colostomy bags.
- Assists with application of devices and/or appliances.
- Changes bed linens if needed.
- Provides respite care, relieves primary care giver, including performing duties such as accompanying and interacting with client
- Assists clients with additional household tasks as requested, which may include preparing meals, retrieving newspapers, emptying trash, and other related activities.
- Performs a variety of home cleaning and homemaking assistance such as the following;
- Dusts, vacuums, sweeps and mops floors.
- Makes beds and shakes small rugs.
- Washes dishes, cleans and disinfects kitchen counters, sinks, bathtubs and toilets.
- Cleans refrigerator, stove and cupboards
- Washes, dries, folds, and puts away laundry.
- Washes walls and inside windows.
- Interacts with clients, performs basic checks and monitoring of client situation and environment, reports all potentially harmful or unusual situations to a supervisor.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records of client services and related information.
- Participates in staff meetings, training sessions, and/or other related meetings.
Wage is $12.83 per hour
Full time position
More jobs at Grand Traverse County