LOCATION: Traverse City, MI
FACILITY: Tendercare Traverse City
Provide non-emergency transportation to our residents in order to attend their medical appointments. Also required to perform on-call duties as needed as agreed upon in the pre-determined schedule. This position will also help with central supply ordering.
1. Currently possess a valid State Driver’s License.
2. Must be able to read schedules and maps, and be able to understand driving directions.
3. Expected to drive a wheelchair lift van, which is specially equipped with an automatic lift for raising patients in wheelchairs into the van.
4. Due to the unique nature of this position there will be “down time” throughout the day. If other small jobs at the facility are not needed, position will be required to clock out until the next scheduled transport is ready to depart/pickup.
5. Keeps in communication with facility to notify of any pertinent information related to resident transportation.
6. Responsible for obtaining directions to the location before leaving the facility.
7. Promptness is required; responsible for leaving ample time to arrive at pickups. If for any reason a pickup cannot be made at the scheduled time, drivers are responsible for notifying the facility in advance.
8. Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and act in accordance with Center Health Services, Inc.’s Corporate Compliance Program.
9. Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement (“PI”) committees and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
10. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
11. Works overtime, holiday and weekend hours as scheduled.
12. Follows facility dress and hygiene policies.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Prior experience working with long-term care residents and / or the elderly desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
â¢Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
â¢Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff.
â¢Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly.
â¢Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, lifting (up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. The tasks on this position description marked with an asterisk (*) are those that regularly require these physical activities. All employees of nursing homes may be required to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents. Lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and /or assistance of other staff.
The center is committed to helping individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or need an alternative method for applying for positions at the center, please emailÂ for further assistance.
More jobs at FMG LaFranier Drive Michigan LLC