Phlebotomist LPN or RN – Full Time – Petoskey, MI
Status: Full Time Hours: Variable schedule including mornings, days evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays. Requires Training for 8 weeks in Lansing – lodging is provided.
Union Position Rate: $19.11/hour
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world?Â If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to join us at the American Red Cross! Nationwide, we collect over 6.5 million units of blood annually, and the need continues to grow.
From setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a phlebotomist with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices & churches throughoutÂ Petoskey, MI and the surrounding areas. Our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice that is completed in a full-time, 8-week course.
Â A life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us.
Key performance objectives include:
* Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals.
* Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation.
* Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused.
* Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors.
* Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re here.
* Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again.
* Be a model of professionalism and compassion while serving as an ambassador to the public for the nation’s largest not-for-profit blood banking organization.
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist-Driver describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Registered Nurse License or LPN required
Previous customer service and healthcare training/experience preferred
Strong work ethic
Valid driver’s license and a record of safe driving required
Â Apply now!Â Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More jobs at American National Red Cross