Our Traverse City, Michigan-based company proudly employs more than 400 skilled professionals, and operates out of 14 Michigan locations.
We are currently seeking a Payroll Clerk
Team Elmer’s seeks to fill an opening for a Payroll Clerk in the Traverse City, Michigan area.
This position will be responsible for collecting, verifying and entering timekeeping information for employees daily.
This individual will also be responsible for completing certified payroll as well as processing check and cash receipt entries and deposits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, verify and enter timekeeping information for employees daily.
- Collate weekly time cards, add and check against what has been entered into spectrum (accounting/payroll) system.
- Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating paid time off and overtime.
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes, etc.
- Complete certified payroll and LCP tracker reporting for internal time and material reporting, 401k, and federal and state payroll reporting
- Deposit checks and cash electronically and perform cash receipts entry
- Set up job folders for certified jobs
- Deal with questions on payroll from managers, employees, etc.
- Escalate any issues or discrepancies in payroll to the Controller
- Other duties as assigned.
“The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.”
- High School diploma or equivalent required; BS/BA in accounting or business administration preferred.
- Two years prior payroll experience required
- Experience in data collection, entry, reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Previous experience with Davis Bacon and Prevailing Wage preferred
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations.
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software
- Excellent data entry skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Exquisite math and numerical skills
- Professional in interactions with others and good communication skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with aptitude in problem-solving
- Proficient in Excel as well as other Microsoft Office solutions
- Outstanding organizational and time management skill
- Ability to carry out the job with speed and accuracy
A competitive hourly rate and full benefits package is available. Benefits Package:
- Company supported wellness program
- Medical/Dental Insurance coverage, no cost, if participating in the wellness program and wellness eligible.
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with employer match of contribution (50% on the first 10% of employee contribution)
- Company provided safety, skill development and leadership training opportunities
- Paid Time Off after 1 year of service
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance-company provided
More jobs at Team Elmer's