Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of Americaâs most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts presentations, seeks energetic, dedicated and creative individuals with a desire to supervise and mentor high school students. Interlochen Arts Academy, the nationâs premiere fine arts boarding high school with an enrollment of 470-500, has an opening for a part time Resident Hall Assistant to serve as part of a team of student life professionals. This position is aÂ 10 month hourly position and does not live on campus.Â
Â Â Major job responsibilitiesÂ would include the following:Â
- Provide weekend daytime supervision and building care for their assigned residence hall.
- Responsible for the safety of students in their care, guiding students in their personal growth, and serving as a role model in attitude, behavior, and actions.
- Responsible for understanding the Student Handbook and helping students follow expectations.
- The Weekend Resident Hall Assistant will provide continuity through the weekend which is a busyÂ student focused time.
- Desire to create and maintain a safe and healthy residential community.
- Provide desk coverage for 16-20 hours per week, over a two day period as well as some occasional all-on weekdays, serving as the adult who monitors the building, manages student check outs, oversees building travel logistics, maintains the front desk and issues that arise, and distributes mail.
- Serve as contingency coverage during the week by way of shift trading and substituting for other Residence Life staff.
- Work cooperatively with various departments to manage facility work orders and needs.
- Regularly communicate (in person, via telephone and via email) with parents for the purpose of providing general information and also to receive permission for various student activities.
- Attend weekly building staff meetings if they are held on a work day and will make an effort to stay up-to-date with what has happened during the week.
- Will assistÂ with the operations of the buildings and the residence life department, as needed or assigned.
- Support for the student in need of adult guidance and company. Â
- Guidance and support for students who struggle with independent living.
- Determine appropriateness of on and off-campus activities for students and permit/deny student participation.
- Bachelorâs degree is desired
- Valid driverâs license required. Â Ability to be insured by ICA.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks in a dynamic environment.