Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of Americaâs most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance, and fine arts presentations seeks to hire Part-Time Campus Safety Officers.Â Campus Safety Officers provide a variety of security and service functions for our campus community, including patrons, students, staff, and other Interlochen visitors.Â
Â Â Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to routine and emergency calls for service.
- Investigate complaints (thefts/accidents).
- Lock/Unlock exterior/interior doors to the campus.
- Provide escort services for students/staff.
- Check student & staff ID cards throughout campus.
- Check student & staff ID cards upon their entrance to campus.
- Monitor and/or activate the alarm systems.
- Provide directions and patrol campus.
- Complete timely incident reports.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong written, verbal, and computer skills.
- Previous law enforcement or security experience preferred.
- Valid Michigan driverâs license.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including midnight shifts, weekend shifts, and holiday shifts.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
- Be able to be exposed to all outside weather conditions.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check (including fingerprinting) andÂ insurance driving investigation.