LOCATION: TRAVERSE CITY, MI
Under the supervision of the assigned LPN/LVN or RN Unit Manager, performs resident/patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs, safety, and comfort of residents/patients as assigned. Assists in providing a positive physical, social, and psychological environment. Follows all Center policies and procedures.
No direct reports.
1. Assists with resident/patient care needs and comforts including but not limited to:
* *Assists or gives oral hygiene and mouth care.
* *Assists with bathing functions and dressing/undressing as necessary.
* *Assists with nail care, shaving, and hair care.
* *Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds (as assigned).
* *Keeps residents/patients dry (i.e. change gown, clothing, linen, etc.) when he/she becomes soiled or wet.
* *Checks residents/patients frequently to assure that their personal care needs are being met.
* *Answers call lights promptly.
2. Assists with nursing functions as follows:
* *Assists with care of the dying resident.
* *Maintains accurate intake and output records.
3. Performs food service functions including:
* *Prepares residents/patients for meals (i.e., take to bathroom, wash hands, oral care, take to, from dining room, etc.)
* *Serves food trays. Assists with feeding as indicated.
* *Records the residents/patients food fluid intake.
* *Serves between meal and bedtime snacks.
* *Keeps resident’s/patient’s water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water on each shift.
* *Performs after meal care (i.e., clean residents/patients hands, face, clothing, brush teeth, take to bathroom, etc.).
* Notes and reports changes in resident/patient eating habits, especially those on diabetic diet.
4. Assists with keeping nursing and resident/patient care area neat, sanitary, and orderly.
5. Appropriately records charges for supplies.
6. Participates in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care (“IPOC”) process as assigned.
7. Follows work assignments and schedules.
8. *Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and acts in accordance with Center’s Corporate Compliance Program.
9. *Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement (“PI”) committees and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
10. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
11. Assists in orientation and training of employees as assigned.
* Knows and follows facility rules.
* Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
* Follows facility smoking policies.
* Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate facility personnel.
* *Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Facility Disaster Plan.
* Uses required protective equipment.
* Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.
* Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor.
13. Resident Rights
* Knows Resident Rights. Helps the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights.
* Reports resident/patient complaints to management.
* Maintains confidentiality of resident/patient information.
* Follows and adheres to Center’s policies and procedures implementing HIPAA requirements for the privacy and security of protected health information.
* Uses and/or discloses only minimum amount of Protected Health Information necessary to complete assigned tasks. (Applies only if position requires access to PHI under Role Based Access Grid.)
* Reports all suspected violation of company’s HIPAA policies or procedures to Facility Privacy Designee.
* *Performs other duties as assigned and consistent with the level of preparation and experience.
* Works overtime, holiday and weekend hours as scheduled.
Education: Must be eligible for and applied for certification with the state to work as a nursing assistant.
Experience: Prior experience working in a long-term care facility is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Able to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents/patients, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents/patients and the elderly. Able to read, write, speak and understand English. Meets all health requirements, as required by law. Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, lifting (up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. The tasks on this posit… For full info follow application link.
More jobs at FMG LaFranier Road Michigan LLC