Job summary:Â This position entails general maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and fabrication work in areas, including: production, electrical systems, plumbing, forklift repair, plant heating, refrigeration and buildings maintenance.Â
- Education Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Proficient in the use of common hand tools and hand-held power tools, and their safe operation while following OSHA and company safety guidelines.
- Ability to safely operate, repair, and maintain machinery.
- Basic knowledge of 480v, 230v, and 120v electrical components.
- Basic welding and fabrication skills; good mechanical aptitude and common sense.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Adequate computer skills for handling work orders, e-mail, etc.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work 20 ft. off the ground from a ladder, forklift cage, or lift platform.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (with appropriate safety equipment).
- Ability to carry 50 lbs. for 50 ft; carry, set up and climb a 30â extension ladder.
- 20-20 vision (may use corrective lenses), ability to see all primary colors.
Essential Functions â
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production equipment
- Fabricate new equipment as needed
- Perform PMâs on specified equipment as assigned
- Repair and maintain steam boiler and associated equipment
- Perform building repairs and maintenance as needed
- Generate, update, and close out work orders as required
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain forklifts, batteries, and related equipment
- Keep shop and work areas neat and clean
- Follow all OSHA and company safety policies and rules
- Other duties as assigned
More jobs at Graceland Fruit, Inc.