As an ESOP (employee owned), everyone has a vested interest in our long term success. This shared interest and vision contributes to our past and future success. Our high volume components are produced on hydromat rotary transfer machines and our low volume precision components are produced with Acme Screw Machines and CNC. We are looking for additional machinists to join our team. KSP is willing to train and hourly rate is based upon experience.
- Paid medical insurance (Priority)
- Employee owned company so an employee earns shares in the company over time.
- Paid holidays after 6 months
- Two weeks paid vacation
- 24 hours personal time
Job Duties to include:
- Tends transfer machine consisting of a series of stations connected by transfer mechanisms that transfer, position and secure workpieces to perform machining operations, such as drilling, boring, tapping and milling on metal workpieces.
- Lifts workpiece manually and places on holding device, such as fixture or pallet
- Inspects machined workpieces for surface defects and verifies conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as fixed gauges, and checking fixtures.
- Changes tools when tool is worn or broken, using wrenches.
- Notifies supervisor of machine failure or serious malfunctioning.
- May instruct other workers
- Will use statistical process controls
- Ability to read blueprints
- Use of callipers and micrometer
- Problem solving skills
- Mechanically inclined
Looking for an individual with these necessary skills, but willing to train the right candidate!
More jobs at Kalkaska Screw Products