TBAISD Vision: To be the BEST educational system in the world.
TBAISD is seeking a Literacy Consultant
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with endorsement in English preferred
- Prefer additional endorsement in Special Education.
- Master’s Degree in Education with emphasis in Reading/Language Arts.
- Minimum of 5 years successful teaching experience
- Knowledge base of research and evidence-based practices in literacy instruction.
- Strong background in Common Core State Standards, Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS), and current literacy initiatives.
- Demonstrated skills and ability in collecting, analyzing, and using data to inform instructional practices.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Competence in integrating technology in the educational environment
1. Plan, organize, and provide district and school level professional development related to core literacy instruction and research-based instructional strategies and interventions.
2. Coordinate and facilitate Professional Learning Communities.
3. Develop and lead staff development related to literacy curriculum, including core literacy instruction and research-based instructional strategies and interventions.
4. Coordinate regional literacy initiatives and provide support for implementation through training and coaching.
5. Support Building Principals and LEA Literacy Coaches/contacts in providing leadership for literacy curriculum and best practices in their schools.
6. Model the use of research-based instructional strategies and interventions
7. Provide instructional coaching support to local district literacy personnel
8. Attend ELA State Network and regional NMLC (Northern Michigan Learning Consortium) meetings to remain updated on federal and state mandates relating to core curricular areas and assessment practices that impact local school districts; specifically the required testing in the areas of reading and writing
9. Collaborate with fellow consultants to facilitate connections.
10. Other duties as assigned by Director of Instructional Services
More jobs at Traverse Bay Area ISD