Job: Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse – PRN – PRN Click Here toApply Online * Share
320 Washington St. Traverse City, MI 49684 View Larger Map â Expand Posted:01/28/2016
Job Status:On Call
Job Reference #: 15-17304 Job Description Job 15-17304
Location US-MI-Traverse City
Facility Grand Traverse County Sheriff’s Office
More information about this jobOverview
Our Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the supervision of the RN(s), directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies. Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing Experience:
One (1) or more years clinic experience preferred Licenses/Certifications:
Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) within the state
- Current CPR certification
- Under supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Assists in planning an individual treatment program by using available resources in planning care, and consults with RNs and other staff as appropriate while applying knowledge and resources in planning care and patient teaching.
- Implements individualized treatment programs as directed by the Health Care Practitioner.
- Count controlled substances, syringes, needles and sharps at the beginning of each shift with another staff member and sign count logs.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols. Intervenes with proper safety techniques, procedures and standard precautions.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
More jobs at Correctional Healthcare Companies