Traverse Bay Area ISD is seeking a Job Coach for the Adult Work Center.
Community-based “Job Coaches” have a significant role in facilitating the process of transitioning students from school to adult life. With this training and support they are able to become successful productive citizens in our community.
Position begins in August 2016.
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience in vocational program.
- Be able to work effectively with all ability levels of students especially low functioning special education students.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn how to do a task analysis.
- Desire and ability to work in the community closely with employers.
- Ability to work in a consistent and individualized manner with students.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to work in various job locations performing tasks as needed
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Developing a task analysis at the assigned work experience site.
- Daily data collection and evaluation.
- Able to use behavioral techniques to teach skills.
- Using community-referenced non-aversive behavior management techniques to teach and/or promote maximum skill level.
- Communicating with teachers and other professionals working toward the same valued outcome
ADDITIONAL SITE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complementing, supplementing, and reinforcing the student’s vocational skills.
- Work individually teaching safety rules at the job site.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Attend and participate in work site orientation meetings.
- Attend and participate at evaluation feedback meetings.
- Report and document any concerns, questions, or conflicts regarding any student.
- All other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
More jobs at Traverse Bay Area ISD