A Controls Engineer will contribute to the future success of the company by significantly contributing to the engineering processes necessary for the manufacturing and performance of on time, on quality, machines. Under the Star brand name, Elk Rapids Engineering manufactures a complete line of 5-Axis CNC tool and cutter grinders for the manufacturing of end mills, high performance drills, step drills, form tools, orthopedic surgical instruments, as well as a large portfolio of gear tools.Â
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve control software, ladder logic, design, and documentation pertaining to CNC machine tools.
- Integration at startups of CNC controls, including PLC logic development and programming.
- Assist in installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of control theory to engineering projects.
- Prepare specifications for design functionality of equipment.
- Confer with other engineers (mechanical and electrical), sales, and customers, to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Project Engineer responsibilities, taking the technical lead and project management roles to ensure projects are adequately managed to the technology roadmap from the Director of Engineering.Â
Knowledge and Skills
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing CNC controls with the ability to develop detailed specifications and implement standard engineering practices. Final output is required to be a reliable product that is complete with a detailed documentation package upon project completion.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision, evaluate risk and make appropriate decisions.
- High energy self-starter who is enthusiastic and motivated to create growth opportunities.
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills to interface with external sales teams and customers.
Â Education Requirements
- BS in Engineering with technical experience in the manufacturing / machine tools industry.
Â Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of controls experience in a manufacturing company.
More jobs at Star Cutter Company/Elk Rapids Engineering