Position Title:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Chemistry InstructorÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Department: Â Â Â Â Â Â Science & Math Academic AreaÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Reports To:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Academic Chair Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Anticipated Starting Date: Â January 3, 2018
Expected Starting Salary: Â $43,257 – $55,843
All Faculty positions commensurate with degree and experience as outlined in the NMC Faculty Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.Â
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
This is a full-time teaching position in the Chemistry Department which includes lecture, lab, and recitation instruction in the following courses: Introductory Chemistry, General Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry.Â The instructor will also maintain labs, equipment and reagent inventories, and to develop and revise courses as needed.Â Responsibilities may include the possibility of teaching night, weekend, summer, and online courses. This individual must be able to work independently as well as collaborate with others, participate in curriculum development, and follow teaching effectiveness guidelines. This person will enjoy working with diverse populations, have good listening skills and the ability to understand the needs of others, be able to deal with interruptions in a patient manner, and maintain a high work ethic and integrity.Â The successful candidate will have the ability to be engaging to students in the learning process, be approachable, organized, and support the College mission.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or Master’s degree in a related field with 18 graduate hours in Chemistry
- Coursework in introductory, general chemistry, or organic chemistry
- Masterâs degree in chemistry
- Eighteen graduate credits in physics
- Teaching experience in introductory chemistry, general chemistry, or organic chemistry
- Teaching experience in web-based and non-traditional courses
- Experience with student advising
- Experience with curriculum development to the preferred qualifications
- PreviousÂ experience teaching or mentoring minorities or members of other underrepresented groupsÂ that relate to this position
Able to describe how multicultural issues have been or will be brought into courses
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
May provide functional supervision for student employees in the labs.Â Supervises others in accordance with NMC’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time,Â two teachingÂ semester position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on 10/13/2017Â will receive first consideration. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online. For more information, visit NMC on the web atÂ http://www.nmc.edu/jobsÂ Â Â For assistance call 231-995-1377 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or emailÂ [email protected]Â .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions.Â Â nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
More jobs at Northwestern Michigan College