Company Job ID-15132
GENERAL SUMMARY:Â Â TheÂ CDL A Delivery DriverÂ position is responsible for
loading, unloading, and delivery of high-pressure industrial cylinders to route customers in and around the area.Â This position may also perform warehousing, shipping and receiving duties as needed.Â Â
Â ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Â
- Make deliveries of compressed gas cylinders, hard goods, etc. to various customers in the service territory
- Load, deliver and unload deliveries to customers.
- Return empty cylinders to location.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents. Follow all Safety Guidelines and SOPâs.
- Receive, unpack, examine and document incoming shipments from inter-branchÂ deliveries and vendors.
- Process and/or return damaged goods.
- Move stock to and from shipping and receiving area to warehouse storage area.
- Prepare and route merchandise for shipment.
- Releases daily invoices and complete all required hand written and computerÂ generated documentation on a timely and accurate basis.
- Stock, store, label, pick, pack and distribute all materials and supplies.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Flexible to work overtime as required.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.Â Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred Â
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Class A CDL
- At least 1 year of verifiable professional driving experience or proof of graduating from certified driving school.
- Clean driving record.
- Airbrake and Hazmat Certifications
- Route sales experience is a plus.
- Prior forklift certification.
- Working knowledge of the industrial gas business, welding products, highly desirable.
Communication and/or Critical Thinking Skills:
- Detail oriented with good writing skills to complete handwritten compliance documentation accurately and neatly.
- Able to write business correspondence in English.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide, in all units of measure; using whole numbers, decimals, percentage, etc.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
See URL for more information and EOE statement.
More jobs at Airgas, Inc.