Department: Â Â Â Â Â Science and Math Academic Area
Reports To: Â Â Â Â Â Â Science and Math Academic Area ChairÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Anticipated Starting Date:Â Â January 3, 2018
Expected Starting Salary: Â $43,257 – $55,843
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
This is a full-time teaching position in the Biology Department that includes instruction primarily in Anatomy and Physiology and Human Biology, but may also include assignments in one or more of the following courses: General Biology, Microbiology, Ecology, and/or Genetics. Instruction may be in the form of traditional, online, or hybrid formats, and includes the possibility of teaching night and weekend courses.
All Faculty positions commensurate with degree and experience as outlined in the NMC Faculty Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- A Master’s degree in biology
- Teaching experience in biology
- PhD in biology
- Graduate coursework in anatomy and physiology.
- Two years of demonstrated experience in teaching general biology, human biology, and preferably anatomy and physiology.
- Teaching experience in web-based and non-traditional courses
- Experience with student advising
- Experience with curriculum development
- Able to describe how multicultural issues have been or will be brought into courses
- PreviousÂ experience teaching or mentoring minorities or members of other underrepresented groupsÂ that relate to this position
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time,Â two teachingÂ semester position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on 10/13/2017Â will receive first consideration. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online. For more information, visit NMC on the web atÂ http://www.nmc.edu/jobsÂ Â Â For assistance call 231-995-1377 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or emailÂ [email protected]Â .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions.Â Â nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
More jobs at Northwestern Michigan College