Centria Autism Services
Position: Behavior Technician
Reports to: Client Service Manager / Behavior Consultant or Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Location: Weford County (Home Based – you would be working with a client closest to you)
Hours: Part-time, typically afternoons/evenings. Schedules are case specific.
ABA Therapy Description:
Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy encourages positive behaviors and discourages negative behaviors in order to improve a variety of skills. The childâs progress is tracked and measured. ABA is based on the science and learning of behavior, which includes general âlawsâ of behavior. The therapy is also used to increase language, communication skills, attention, focus, social skills, memory, and academics. ABA techniques focus on antecedents and consequences. When a positive behavior is followed by something that is valued to the child, such as âa rewardâ, that behavior is more likely to occur in the future.
ABA Behavior Technician Responsibilities:
1. Staff will work in the home or clinic center with children on the Autism Spectrum to provide ABA therapy.
2. Responsible for charting and collecting data on the progress (or lack thereof) and abilities of the child. Must also keep records of preferred positive reinforcements for the child.
3. Staff will be supervised weekly by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and must be ready to provide feedback to the BCBA on current progress and implement programs and recommendations given by the BCBA. Staff will incorporate feedback as instructed by the BCBA.
ABA Behavior Technician Requirements:
*Bachelorâs degree in behavior analysis, psychology, social work, sociology, special education or a related fieldÂ preferred.Â Candidates still accepted without a degree.
- Need to obtain CPRÂ andÂ First Aid Certification before beginning work. Classes are at the cost of the employee.
- Must submit negative Tuberculosis (TB) test results. Any necessary testing is at the cost of the employee.
- Must be able to complete 40+ hours of training in Autism.
- Must have proof of reliable transportation, driverâs license, and valid car insurance.
- Need to be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to follow through with individualized behavior plan.
- Must be a creative, hard-working, reliable individual with a passion and positive up-beat attitude for helping children.
Physical Requirements:Â The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those that will be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Employee must be able to able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Required to perform activities that entail: fine motor skills, kneeling, sitting on floor level, or standing.
“The above list reflects the essential functions and other job functions considered necessary of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, or assigned by supervisory personnel. This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
More jobs at Centria Healthcare