- This event has passed.
The Bay Film Series offers a fine selection of award-winning films from around the world which have played at international film festivals in the U.S. and abroad. The Series runs September thru April featuring one film per month – that’s eight great films you won’t want to miss!
- This year’s schedule begins September 13-15 with “Testament of Youth” (UK) a searing drama/romance based on the best-selling memoir by Vera Brittain which tells a woman’s perspective of WWI.
- The program continues October 11-13 with “Jimmy’s Hall” (Ireland) based on the true story of Jimmy Gralton whose enthusiasm and free-spirited ideas cause him to be deported.
- November 8-10, “Samba” (France) a humorous and tender story starring Omar Sy (from “The Intouchables” fame) as a struggling immigrant trying to secure his status;
- December 13-15 – “Phoenix” (Germany) a spell-binding mystery of duplicity about a woman who returns from a concentration camp and is unrecognized by her former husband (from the director and actors who made last year’s “Barbara”)
- January 11-12 – “The Second Mother” (Brazil) about a live-in nanny for a wealthy family raising their son and the attitudes brought to light when her own daughter comes to visit.
- February 14-16 – “Charlie’s Country” (Australia) follows the modern existence of an elderly aboriginal man who desires the old traditional way of life.
- Two additional titles will be announced for March and April.
It’s time to subscribe now — 8 Films / $56!
More information about these films can be found at our website.
Purchase a subscription online at: www.thebaytheatre.com.