- This event has passed.
Register for the Slammin Salmon Derby by Friday, August 22. Final registration due by 7pm at the MANDATORY Captains’ Meeting, at Islander Bar in Hessel. Slammin’ Salmon T-shirts are for sale at the Captain’s Meeting.
* 6 rods allowed on each boat.
* $3,500 in cash prizes awarded to the anglers catching the largest salmon, as well as the largest lake trout and steelhead.
* All anglers are required to attend the pre-tournament meeting Friday, August 22, at the Islander Bar.
* Tournament has no boundaries.
* All boats must leave from Hessel Harbor on Sat. at 6:30am.
* Return time is approximately 4pm, so boats should be in the harbor by then.
* Awards given out at the Islander after final weigh-ins are complete.
Contact Pat at 906.484.2425 or the Islander at 906.484.3359 with questions or to sign up.
Hessel, Cedarville and Les Cheneaux Islands are in the Eastern Upper Peninsula on M-134, along the shores of Lake Huron.
Image [cropped] courtesy www.lescheneaux.net.