- This event has passed.
Join the Crooked Tree Arts Center and Institute for Sustainable Living, Art & Natural Design (ISLAND) in congratulating all of the artist photographers who entered the 2014 Farm to Frame Juried Photography Exhibition. Peruse photos of local farms, portraits of farmers, or agricultural products. Awards will be announced at the exhibit opening which includes awards announcements, refreshments and prizes. The exhibit will be displayed in the Atrium Gallery of the Crooked Tree Arts Center through Dec 6, 2014. This event is free and open to the public.
Photos were submitted in five categories for youth and adult from Emmet, Charlevoix, Antrim, Cheboygan, and Otsego counties.:
- Best portrait – for example: farmer’s eyes, chef’s smile, baker’s face, market vendor, weaver’s hands, eater, etc.
- Best still life – for example: basket of apples, platter of food, hand-crafted baskets, cheese, bread, natural fiber sweater, etc.
- Best farmscape – for example: landscape of livestock in a field, rows of vegetables, barn, etc.
- Best moment – for example: an aging bison, installation of a hoophouse, seedlings, compost building, etc. Capture a moment in the life cycle of farming!
- Best impressions of farming – What does farming mean to you?
The youth juror was Sarah Mayhew of Little Traverse Conservation District and the adult juror was Dave Tingleff of Local Eats Delivery.