- This event has passed.
More than 600 people of all ages will hit the TART and Leelanau Trails for an evening ride that begins in Traverse City and ends at Marina Park in the Village of Suttons Bay.
NEW START LOCATION! Please note that the ride starts in Parking Lot B at the corner of Cass and Grandview Parkway in Downtown Traverse City.
Riders enjoy sights and scenic vistas along the trail that you don’t easily see from the road, including the iconic yellow Caboose, the DeYoung Farm, various vineyards and orchards. The Tour de TART also helps people realize just how easy it is to get from Traverse City to Suttons Bay along the trail.
Families with young children are encouraged to check-in and begin the ride no later than 5pm. Helmets are required.
•PARKING: Parking is available on surface lots and in the Hardy Parking Deck. Visit the Downtown TC website for a map of parking locations.
• COURSE: 17 miles of paved trail one way. At the end of the trail in Suttons Bay, follow the signs to get to the marina.
• DURATION: An average time to complete the trip is 2 hours. It could take families with young children longer, depending on how many breaks are taken, so please plan your departure time accordingly.
• REST STOPS: Water, snacks and portalets are provided at Fouch Road (6 miles from the start) and Bingham Road (10 miles from the start). Carrying a water bottle is suggested.
• DINNER: The VI Grill in Suttons Bay is catering the meal, which will be served from 6-9pm at Suttons Bay Marina Park. Local microbrews from Short’s Brewing and wine from Black Star Farms will be available for purchase – bring cash!
• TRANSPORTATION for RIDERS: Riders will be transported back to Traverse City by school bus. Buses leave when full, with the first bus leaving at 6:30pm, and the last bus leaving at 9:30pm. Please be ready to board the bus no later than 9:20pm.
Tour de TART occurs rain or shine! All proceeds benefit TART Trails.