Social Media/Client Services Specialist
MyNorth Media is offering a fantastic, entry-level opportunity for someone to be the point person and social media voice for MyNorthTickets.com, the online ticket portal for Northern Michigan. You’ll be a part of a young, dynamic team with opportunities to grow and will enjoy this job if you are that unique combination of creative, a self-starter, analytic, organized and great with people.
You’ll work with organizations to post their events creatively and effectively and with customers to get the tickets they want. All the while, you will be getting the word out by managing social media for MyNorthTickets as well as coming up with great partnerships for social media with organizations such as The National Cherry Festival, The Traverse City Microbrew Festival, The Traverse City Symphony and more. In addition, you will be in the middle of brand conversations, customer service approaches and ways to improve the software as we conduct a national launch. We are looking for people skills, organizational skills, ease with technology, an enthusiasm for the mission of connecting people to great events and someone who wants to dive into a fast, creative and energized environment.
MyNorth Media is located in Traverse City, Michigan, and in addition to MyNorthTickets, MyNorth Media produces Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine, MyNorth.com, ShopMyNorth.com and more. Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
MyNorth Media offers marketing internships all year. Candidates must be 21 years of age at the time of the internship because we work with events where wine and beer are served. If you would like to apply, please provide three writing samples, resume and cover letter to Marketing Director, Rachel North.
Our internships are flexible. We work around the intern’s work schedule to come up with roughly 20 hours per week for 12 weeks. (some work can be done at home computers.) We offer a stipend at the end of $1,000.
Duties include (but aren’t limited to):
- Updating Facebook and Twitter daily
- Keeping track of our results for our newsletters and other ads into a large excel sheet
- Logistics, staffing and follow up on events (Microbrew & Music, Wine & Art, Northern Home & Cottage Kitchen Tour, etc.)
- Producing materials for events like subscription forms, flyers, entry pads, posters
- Editing our newsletters (5 per month) from the content available on MyNorth.com
- Really glamorous stuff like typing in the entry forms from events, fulfilling ShopMyNorth.com orders, answering consumer questions,
- Updating our assignment logs
- Loading product descriptions into ShopMyNorth.com
- Contacting winners of our contests, facilitating their prize, recapping their story
- Writing some text ads for us for our newsletter
- Refilling our displays with publications, posting flyers and posters
Other opportunities that are possible:
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Writing print ads
- Coordinating our charitable giving
- Putting new products and promotions into our store
Where can this lead? The more skill you demonstrate, the more MyNorth Media will teach you.
- We will teach you the skills you’ll need for entry level positions in any of following areas:
- Public relations, you’ll be able to pitch stories via email, know how to put together a media list, know how to write and submit a press release. Vocus is the technology we use here
- Event management, how to plan, execute and evaluate an event
- Publishing, you’ll be able to point to a newsletter and say, I edited that. And you’ll have experience working with MailChimp, an email management program
- Social marketing, we’ll give you the corporate view of things, so you can write for a corporation’s purpose
- Advertising and sales promotion, you’ll have skills trafficking projects with designers, possibly writing text ads and working on sell sheets