MyNorth.com Web Writer/Editor
Join Northern Michigan’s most forward-looking media company!
Immediate opening for MyNorth.com web editor. Must have excellent organizational skills, be engaged and enthused about Northern Michigan, curious and collaborative. Social media expertise and strong writing skills required. Must display proven talent and drive. Send resume, cover letter, samples to [email protected].
MyNorthTickets Customer Care & Social Media Coordinator
Do you have a passion for music, theater and Northern Michigan festivals? How fast can you Instagram? How vast is your friend list. Do you know how to boost a post and promote a contest? Would you enjoy helping customers find fun and organizations find answers? Can people hear you smile, by the way you answer the phone? Are you the person who loves not only creating the message but making sure all the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed?
MyNorthTickets is looking for pro that can take care of customers, the organizations we ticket for and promote events. Our candidate will love everything about events: going to them, helping others get tickets to them, promoting, talking and writing about events … rain or shine, events are it for this MyNorthTickets staffer.
We need a social media maven, a customer service guru and a curious soul, all wrapped up with a love for anything on a stage.
- Bachelor’s degree that taught you all the basics for clear, clever communications: grammar, vocabulary, creativity–that stuff.
- Excellent written skills and good judgement for what a reputable company might put on social media. We like to promote fun, but no monkey business.
- Know one’s way around a smart phone and its camera with the ability to capture the good stuff.
- A love of all things social: FB (of course), Instagram (ditto), Vine, YouTube, Pinterest and whatever trends tomorrow.
- Willingness to attend events and build the buzz while you’re there. Yes, all your friends will be jealous of your “job”.
- Ability to promote good times, especially when it’s raining–because in Northern Michigan, rain (or even snow) doesn’t dampen our spirits or our events!
- Experience as a front man–customer service. Tell us how you turned a customer complaint into a customer for life!
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to connect different team members, solving technical and communication issues, high ethical standards.
- Fluent in Latin. JK. You’ll have to enjoy dead languages on your own time. To get this job show us you’re hip, fast, cool and classy.
Please send your resume, a cover letter that describes your passion for events and links to work experience or writing samples that demonstrate your abilities to communicate and promote: [email protected]
MyNorth Media offers marketing internships all year. Candidates must be 21 years of age at the time of the internship because we work with events where wine and beer are served. If you would like to apply, please provide three writing samples, resume and cover letter to Marketing Director, Rachel North.
Our internships are flexible. We work around the intern’s work schedule to come up with roughly 20 hours per week for 12 weeks. (some work can be done at home computers.) We offer a stipend at the end of $1,000.
Duties include (but aren’t limited to):
- Updating Facebook and Twitter daily
- Keeping track of our results for our newsletters and other ads into a large excel sheet
- Logistics, staffing and follow up on events (Microbrew & Music, Wine & Art, Northern Home & Cottage Kitchen Tour, etc.)
- Producing materials for events like subscription forms, flyers, entry pads, posters
- Editing our newsletters (5 per month) from the content available on MyNorth.com
- Really glamorous stuff like typing in the entry forms from events, fulfilling ShopMyNorth.com orders, answering consumer questions,
- Updating our assignment logs
- Loading product descriptions into ShopMyNorth.com
- Contacting winners of our contests, facilitating their prize, recapping their story
- Writing some text ads for us for our newsletter
- Refilling our displays with publications, posting flyers and posters
Other opportunities that are possible:
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Writing print ads
- Coordinating our charitable giving
- Putting new products and promotions into our store
Where can this lead? The more skill you demonstrate, the more MyNorth Media will teach you.
- We will teach you the skills you’ll need for entry level positions in any of following areas:
- Public relations, you’ll be able to pitch stories via email, know how to put together a media list, know how to write and submit a press release. Vocus is the technology we use here
- Event management, how to plan, execute and evaluate an event
- Publishing, you’ll be able to point to a newsletter and say, I edited that. And you’ll have experience working with MailChimp, an email management program
- Social marketing, we’ll give you the corporate view of things, so you can write for a corporation’s purpose
- Advertising and sales promotion, you’ll have skills trafficking projects with designers, possibly writing text ads and working on sell sheets