February is National Cherry Month, and while the summer crop is a ways out, here in the Cherry Capital of the World there are any number of ways to enjoy our iconic fruit all year long!
Enjoy spring’s cherry blossoms in this MyNorth video.
National Cherry Festival: all you need to know … and then some.
Our be-all-end-all guide to the National Cherry Festival in Traverse City including National Cherry Festival events as well as Traverse City hotels and restaurants.
In 2016 more than 10,000 voters from across the state weighed in on 101 things they love about Northern Michigan. Their votes determined these top 10, must-try Northern Michigan cherry products. (Red Hot Best 2017 voting is open! Vote here.)
- Cherry Republic, Cherry Salsa
- Cherry Republic, Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Cherry Hut, Cherry Pie
- Cherry Republic, Sour Cherries
- Grand Traverse Pie Company, Cherry Crumb
- Grand Traverse Pie Company, Cherry Pie
- Cherry Republic, Milk Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Brownwood Farms, Cherry BBQ Sauce
- Moomers, Cherries Mobilee Ice Cream
- American Spoon Foods, Cherry Peach Salsa
Can’t make it up to Northern Michigan? Shop for cherry gifts from your favorite local retailers on ShopMyNorth.com. From foodie gifts like cherry jam and salsa to artisan cherry soap and cherry-inspired apparel, ShopMyNorth has your favorite products.
Cherry recipes every Northern Michigander should try …
- Appetizers, Soup & Salad
- Main Dishes
Find more cherry recipes in MyNorth’s directory.
And we couldn’t forget, cherry wine!
Tip a glass to this great fruit with a Northern Michigan-made cherry wine. Our wineries have been busy turning cherries into wine and port. Try this: Find sweet cherry wine on a wine tour of Leelanau County and Old Mission Peninsula.