It’s time to ring in the New Year in Northern Michigan! And Up North, the celebration possibilities are endless. Communities throughout the North are planning resort bashes, live music, downtown ball drops and family-friendly events for this New Year’s Eve.
And for those who just want to stay home, well, there are certainly ways to celebrate in true Northern Michigan style with homemade cocktails, mocktails and hot cocoa (for the kiddos!) from the area’s popular mixologists.
Cheers to Northern Michigan’s New Year’s Eve 2017!
Daytime New Year’s Eve Celebrations
- Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve Northern Michigan events are everywhere for those of all ages.
- Highlighted Event> NYE at the Crooked Tree Art Center in Petoskey: A showcase of experiences in music, theater, art and dance all under one roof, all in one night—NYE at the Art’s is bursting with creative energy. Whether you participate in a hands-on workshop or just sit back and enjoy the entertainment, this event is for you! Food and refreshments offered for all ages and family friendly event. The “Midnight at 9″ ball-drop takes place on Division Street at 9 p.m.
New Year’s Eve Night Life
- Teen Events with dance parties, fireworks, arcade specials and an all-inclusive water park.
- 21+ Over Parties at Northern Michigan Resorts are annual traditions for many Michiganders and only require a commute up the elevator or stroll across resort property. Celebrate with champagne toasts, gourmet meals and lots of dancing!
- New Year’s Eve Ball Drops in Ludington, Charlevoix, Traverse City, and Marquette are always a fun way to celebrate outdoors.
- Highlighted Event > NYE Dance Party on Level 17 of the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
A 1980’s Throwback to the Trillium New Year’s Eve Party: The hair was big, the clothes were fluorescent, and Aerie Restaurant & Lounge was known as the Trillium. This year they are going to ring in the new year like it’s 1989 by opening up Level 17 for a dance party that is out of this decade.
- Highlighted Event > Black Star Farms NYE Wine Dinner
New Year’s Eve 2016 at Black Star Farms promises to be one to remember. Executive Chef Cole Thornton and his culinary team will present a 6-course wine-paired dining experience in our luxurious Inn. Formal attire is required (black tie optional) for a classy way to ring in the new year. The price is all-inclusive but the seating is limited, so find that perfect LBD, shake out your tux, and raise your glass in style.
New Year’s Eve Beverages
- Discover Non-Alcoholic Mocktail ideas from Traverse City restaurants, or serve your own DIY Hot Cocoa Bar with local ingredients.
- Winter Drink Recipes from Northern Michigan mixologists allow you to get creative at home.
- And don’t forget to toast to the New Year with the Top Northern Michigan Bubbly for Celebrating!