A new modern and whimsical family-friendly space focusing on Northern Michigan kids opens December 21. In fact, ELF — standing for Eat Learn Frolic — might be a place adults will enjoy just as much as their children. This educational and entertaining hot spot is located at the Village at Grand Traverse Commons near the Cedar Cathedral Trailhead behind Pleasanton Bakery in Traverse City. It’s a place to enjoy healthy, local Northern Michigan food (with a Scandanavian twist) or a cup of coffee while the little ones frolic around.
And this frolicking is not only entertaining, but it’s educational, too. A reading nook, lego corner, made-to-order play structure for exploration, homework happy hour, and classes for all ages (infants through teenagers) keep kiddos busy at ELF. These classes range from yoga to storytelling, and even include joint parent-baby activities. Check out the variety of classes offered here, including ones taught by Northern Michigan music stars May Erelwine Bernard and Joshua Davis!
The team at ELF has thought of every little detail leading up to the opening that has been three years in the making:
- Restroom stalls that include both adult-sized and tiny toilets
- Partnerships with Northern Michigan farmers like 9 Bean Rows and Birch Point Farm in Leelanau County for healthy eats
- A la carte baby items and diapers from the Honest Company for when your diaper bag is missing an essential item
- Private spots for nursing moms to pump (and receive free Mother’s Milk Tea when they do!)
- Drop-off child care for members, for kids 18-months-old on up
- Exclusive events to gather and meet others in the community
So, parents with little ones, say see-ya later to lonely days and empty bellies. There’s a new place in town that honors local food, encourages breastfeeding, and assures activities that are entertaining yet educational for the little ones.
Click “play” on the MyNorth Media video above to see more, and visit eatlearnfrolic.com for ELF menus, class schedules, and pricing details for walk-ins and members.
#2015 #Traverse_City #Grand_Traverse_County #Food_&_Drink #Restaurants #Kids #Cool_Companies #Live_Here #Live_&_Work #ELF