The Traverse City Film Festival will present a slate of free films at the Open Space in downtown Traverse City every evening from Tuesday, July 28th to Sunday, August 2nd. Projected onto a 65-foot inflatable screen, the following films to feature at the Northern Michigan festival include the 2015 People’s Choice Winner, a famous political satire and a heartwarming comedy. So grease those joints on your lawn chairs and fluff out your outdoor blankets: it’s going to be a good week of free Open Space movies and entertainment events at the 2015 Traverse City Film Festival.
Each screening will begin at sundown, but will be preceded by live music, entertainment and a large-scale photo booth replete with props and costumes. The featured movies are as follows:
- Gravity on Tuesday, July 28th: This year’s opener takes us on a space adventure and explores the human will to survive. Directed by Alfonso Cuarón.
- The Great Dictator on Wednesday, July 29th: Watch as Geraldine Chaplin presents her father’s fearless political satire on its 75th anniversary. Directed by Charles Chaplin.
- The Birdcage on Thursday, July 30th: Pay tribute to the memories of Robin Williams and Mike Nichols with this screening. Directed by Mike Nichols.
- The Breakfast Club on Friday, July 31th: The people have spoken. This ode to teens is the 2015 People’s Choice Winner. Directed by John Hughes.
- Guardians of the Galaxy on Saturday, August 1st: Don’t miss this heartfelt and hilarious movie making its debut at the Open Space this year. Directed by James Gunn.
- The Lego Movie on Sunday, August 2nd: Join your favorite legos for this awesome movie, which coincides with the festival’s Closing Night Bash. Directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.