MyNorth News Service
(Press Release provided by TART Trails)
TRAVERSE CITY – Mark your calendars for Saturday, January 10, from 10:30 am-2 pm for the 6th annual Winter Trails Day at Timber Ridge Resort. TART Trails is teaming up with the Vasa Ski Club, Einstein Cycles and Timber Ridge Resort to offer free trail access, introductory ski lessons, fatbike demos, guided snowshoe hikes and use of equipment rentals for those new to winter trail sports!
There will be cross-country skis, snowshoes and fatbikes to try out on the trails. Members of the Vasa Ski Club will provide free introductory ski lessons, and volunteers will lead snowshoe hikes.
- Although the use of equipment and trails is free, participants must register in advance at traversetrails.org, or the day of starting at 10:30am.
- Cross-country skis, snowshoes and fatbikes will be available on a first-come-first-served basis starting at 10:30am. A driver’s license is required to check out equipment.
- Introductory ski lessons will be lead by Vasa Ski Club members starting at 11 am and 12:30 pm.
- Snowshoe hikes will be held at 11 am, 12 pm and 1 pm.
- Fatbikes from Einstein Cycles will be available for short demo rides on Timber Ridge’s fatbike trail.
- Complimentary cookies and cocoa will be served in the lodge so you can refuel and warm-up by the fire after your time on the trails! Timber Ridge will also have chili available for purchase.
- In the event of weather that requires cancellation, TART Trails will post notice to their website and their Facebook page.
Anyone interested in participating in the fun, free day on the trails should visit traversetrails.org for additional details and online registration. Please contact Brian Beauchamp, Outreach and Program Director of TART Trails, at 231.941.4300 or [email protected] with any questions.