Visiting all of the Northern Michigan wineries on the Leelanau Peninsula is more than a vacation: it’s a calling. With 25 wineries producing world-class vintages, oenophiles have flocked to the resplendent Leelanau Peninsula to drink in both the scenery and wines. Yet 25 wineries in one fell swoop is nothing to sneeze at, which is why the Leelanau Loop Adventure was conceived by the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail.
The Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail is partnering with Northern Michigan hotels and vacation rental companies to offer three-day lodging packages so wine enthusiasts can explore the region at a more leisurely pace. The adventure package provides the third night free when reserving two nights and is currently available through 11 area lodging companies including:
- Leelanau Vacation Rentals, Leelanau Peninsula
- The Homestead, Glen Arbor
- The Cottage at Silver Leaf, Suttons Bay
- The Inn at Black Star Farms, Suttons Bay
- Visit Up North Vacation Rentals, Traverse City and Leelanau Peninsula
- The Korner Kottage Bed and Breakfast, Suttons Bay
- Little Traverse Inn, Maple City
- Leelanau Boat Club, Lake Leelanau
- Best Western Four Seasons, Traverse City
- Comfort Inn, Traverse City
- Cambria Suites, Traverse City
“We are thrilled to partner with the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail for this fun lodging package,” shares Ranae Ihme, owner of Leelanau Vacation Rentals. “This is a great oppor-
tunity for visitors to truly experience all that Leelanau has to offer.” Ihme’s company has more than 130 lodging options including homes, cottages and condominiums. The program was initiated as a response to wine tourers’ desire to visit all of Leelanau’s 25 wineries in a single weekend. With three sub-trails, called loops, along the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail, this new three-day package makes this more feasible by touring one loop per day. Read a MyNorth.com post to discover what each loop has to offer.
In addition to the third night free, wine tasters are challenged to visit all of the peninsula’s wineries and are awarded with a prize upon completion. To achieve the Leelanau Loop Adventure, participants need to complete the following steps:
- Make reservations for the package with one of the participating lodging partners who will provide a Leelanau Loop Adventure pass at check-in.
- Enjoy a leisurely, self-guided tour and experience, firsthand, the authentic taste of the peninsula in local wines that continue to garner national and international attention each and every year.
- Email a copy of the completed Leelanau Loop Adventure pass to [email protected] and each participant receives a special gift bag that includes a Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail wine bag, wine glass and corkscrew.
Jeremy and Tiffany Richmond of Byron Center, Michigan were the first to complete the adventure as Tiffany Richmond shares: “As people who just moved back from Denver, this was a great way to get a feel for what Northern Michigan has to offer. We’ll definitely be recommending this our friends and family! Thanks for a great time!”
Learn more about the Leelanau Loop Adventure at LPWines.com.
More Northern Michigan Vacation
Read a Free Digital Edition of MyNorth’s Leelanau Vacation Guide →