Sure, it might feel like summer, but it’s never too early to start dreaming about fall vacations in Northern Michigan. There are tons of great travel ideas for Northern Michigan fall color tours that offer the best of Northern Michigan outdoors—ATV rentals, kayaking, dog sleds—for a very affordable price. Find Northern Michigan fall color tour packages listed below.
MyNorth recommends that all interested parties contact the listed lodging destinations to confirm package pricing and options, as certain specials may be altered or cancelled.
Turtle Lake Campground in Beulah
Camping and River Trip Package
- The Camping and River Trip Package will save you $10 per night on two nights of camping at Turtle Lake Campground, and a further 50% off your first day’s kayak, tube and canoe rental (minimum of 4 watercraft) on the beautiful Upper Betsie River. From September 1st through the 30th, you’ll get full RV hookups, oversized campsites (50’x80′ foot average), playground, hay rides on Friday and Saturday and access to two modern bath houses. And for vacationers interested in equestrian, Turtle Lake hosts their Equestrian Fall Frenzy from September 5th to the 7th: check out the details at TurtleLakeCampground.net, call 231.275.7353 or email [email protected] for more details.
Skitoberfest Lodging Package:
- On the weekend of October 3rd through the 5th, celebrate Skitoberfest at Boyne Mountain. Starting at $229 a person, this Friday and Saturday night lodging package also includes 10 activity/drink tickets during the Skitoberfest celebrations, a commemorative mug, and a discount on VIP admission. Kids ages eight and under sleep and eat breakfast for free; juniors ages nine to 15 receive discounted rates. Call 800.462.6963 or visit Boyne.com for additional information.
Chamberlin’s Ole Forest Inn in Curtis
Eat, Stay and Ride — Fall Color Tours by Dog Team!
- Package includes a fall color tour ride with the Iditarod sled dogs of Nature’s Kennel Sled Dog Adventures. Guests will have the opportunity to learn about sled dogs, hold adorable puppies, and take a ride in a comfortable “dog powered” vehicle to see spectacular fall colors. Suitable for all ages and abilities. For $320 a night, you’ll also get complimentary breakfast and dinner each day. Available from September 12th to October 31sr. Call 906.586.6000 or visit ChamberlinsInn.com for more information.
Fall Escape Package
- For just $165 a night, wake up to views of Lake Huron and Mackinac Island. Included in this price is breakfast each morning and a slice of Mackinac Island fudge. This deal is available from September 2nd to October 25th. A two-night stay is required. Call 800.241.3341 or visit ChippewaHotel.com for more information.
- Enjoy the beautiful fall colors of Mackinac Island while sipping on Michigan wine. For just $170 a night, you’ll get round trip ferry tickets on the Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry, daily breakfast at the Chianti Restaurant, a Michigan wine themed welcome amenity, and one dinner at Chianti. This deal is available from September 21st to October 25th. Two-night reservations required. Call 800.833.7711 for booking information.
Traverse Area Vacation Rentals across Northern Michigan
- Rent a condo or home with Traverse Area Vacation Rentals for only $250 a night. Rent two nights and get the third night free. Condos and homes are fully furnished and come with wonderful welcome gifts. Two night reservations are required. Call 231.421.5525 for more information.
Crystal Adventures in Thompsonville
- Stay one night and it’s $159, and the second is only $79—that’s 25% off peak prices, folks. ATV rental is included so you can explore the area’s beautiful fall colors. From September 1st to November 1st, you’ll get your own cabin that’s even equipped with WiFi! There’s a two-night minimum stay on weekends. For more information, call 231.651.9648 or email [email protected], and mention this ad in order to receive the discount!