Here are the top 10 places to dine outdoors in Northern Michigan for your next Northern Michigan vacation. The following winners were determined by more than 10,000 participants who voted in MyNorth’s 2014 Red Hot Best annual contest. Head to one of these Northern Michigan restaurants on an empty stomach and get ready to fill up on tasty food and drink while you enjoy a breeze off Lake Michigan. Find all 300 Red Hot Best winners in 101 categories in the 2014 June issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.
The top three, which appear in the 2014 June issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine, are as follows:
- Apache Trout Grill, Traverse City — Avacado egg rolls will just start your dining experience.
- Amical, Traverse City — Eclectic. French. Bistro-style.
- Dockside, Torch Lake — Best way to get there is by boat.
And the rest of the Top 10 Northern Michigan beaches in alphabetical order:
- Boathouse, Old Mission — Located right on the shores of Bowers Harbor.
- Boondocks, Glen Arbor — Toasted axe handles are a must-try.
- Boone’s Long Lake Inn, Traverse City — Do steak or prime rib sound good?
- Cafe Sante, Boyne City — European classics and live entertainment.
- Firefly, Traverse City — Asian inspired american cuisine with an exceptional drink menu.
- Knot Just a Bar, Omena — A large menu filled with something for everyone.
- North Peak, Traverse City — Try a North Peak beer with your savory meal.