Here are the top 10 Northern Michigan charter boat captains for your next scenic sail or shot at one of Northern Michigan’s favorite sports: fishing. The following winners were determined by more than 10,000 participants who voted in MyNorth’s 2014 Red Hot Best annual contest. Roll up your sleeves, head outdoors and get ready to fight for some fish aboard a boat with one of these top 10 Northern Michigan charter boat captains. Find all 300 Red Hot Best winners in 101 categories in the 2014 June issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.
The top three, which appear in the 2014 June issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine, are as follows:
- Chien Nowland, Nauti-Cat, Traverse City — The largest commercial sailing catamaran on the Great Lakes.
- Ben Wolfe, Sports Fish Michigan, Traverse City — Full-time anglers with years of experience take you on a fishing adventure.
- Chris West, Ugly Anne, Mackinaw City — Take a tour of the Straits under the sun.
And the rest of the Top 10 Northern Michigan charter boat captains in alphabetical order:
- Bill Wright, Leland Fishing, Leland — There’s plenty of fish in this town.
- Brian Springstead, True Blue Charters, Traverse City — Go for big game fish on Lake Michigan.
- Cameron Garst, Showtime Charters, Traverse City — Guaranteed to make your charter fishing experience memorable no matter the conditions.
- Jack Duffy, Whitecap Fish Charters, Leland — Providing you not just a fishing trip, but a fishing adventure.
- Jim Munoz, Fishtown Charter Service, Leland — The oldest fishing service out of Leland.
- Sam Worden, Showtime Xtreme, Traverse City — 10 globe-trotting years of professional tourneys translate to big hauls near TC.
- Scott Alpers, Big Kahuna, Traverse City — Promise he’ll get a fish on your hook.