Every Friday we post 5 fun Northern Michigan weekend events. From music and art events to Northern Michigan festivals to food and wine tastings, there’s absolutely no excuse to ever wonder, What should I do this weekend?
- ‘The Night of 100 Rieslings’ is a full-bodied exploration of rieslings from across the world—and yes, there will be 100 of them. This event, which takes place on Sunday, July 27th, is just part of the weekend-long City of Riesling event in Traverse City. Tickets to the tasting event are available at MyNorthTickets.com:
2. AuSable River Festival and Canoe Marathon in Grayling
- This classic Northern Michigan festival has all the fixings: parade, food, music, cruise night and more—plus it’s the starting point for a 100-mile canoe race down the AuSable River. Learn more at MyNorth’s Community Events Calendar.
3. Comedian Brad Upton in Manistee
- On Saturday, July 26th, catch the Seattle-based, seriously-funny Brad Upton live at the Ramsdell Theater in Manistee. Purchase tickets at MyNorthTickets.com:
- From Friday through Sunday, catch the Bard’s Hamlet along the Boardman River at Hannah Park for free (although donations are gladly accepted). This amateur company is filled with players of the finest caliber, and after performing in towns throughout Northern Michigan, the troupe brings it home to Traverse City for a weekend of riverside stagings. Learn more at MyNorth’s Community Events Calendar.
- The 22nd Annual Benefit Art Exhibition and Sale Opening Night Gala takes place at 5 pm on Friday, July 25th at the Old Art Building in Leland. The exhibit promotes the artwork of more than 100 Leelanau artists, with 40% of art sales to benefit the operating fund. Tickets available at MyNorthTickets.com: