Photo by Dani Davis
Support Northern Michigan’s thriving art scene by making the rounds at one of several walking events hosted by Northern Michigan towns. Scroll to the bottom to learn about other, less ambulatory Northern Michigan art events.
Traverse City — Friday, May 2nd
- This self-guided tour through Traverse City navigates more than a dozen downtown galleries and shops—including Brew, Miner’s North and The City Opera House. Prizes available at some locations; tour runs from 5 pm to 9 pm. View a map and venue listing here. Be sure to visit Space above Green Island for the Unconstrained Species exhibit (see featured art from the exhibit in the photo above), which ends on Wednesday, May 14th.
Cadillac — Thursday, May 1st to Friday, May 16th
- Cadillac’s 8th annual ArtWalk runs through the city’s downtown district; meet the artists on Friday, May 9th at various venues, and be sure to check out the yarn bombing (knitted decorations coating public spaces). Visit MyNorth Community Events Calendar for more details.
Take A Video Tour Of Downtown Cadillac:
Ludington — Friday, May 2nd
- On the first Friday of every month, art takes over the streets of Ludington; free and self-guided, the walk starts at 6 pm and ends at 9 pm. Visit MyNorth Community Events Calendar for further details.
Other Art Events and Exhibitions
- Crooked Tree Art Center 2014 Youth Exhibition: Showcasing the talent of students from Charlevoix-Emmet County School District. Tuesday, April 29th to Saturday, May 10th in Petoskey. More at MyNorth Community Events Calendar.
- Regional Student Exhibition at Oliver Art Center: Art competition open to students; runs from Tuesday, April 29th to Friday, May 16th in Frankfort. More at MyNorth Community Events Calendar.
- Something Fishy Art Exhibit: Fish-inspired art at AuSable Artisan Village Art Center and Gallery celebrates the opening of trout season in Grayling. From Tuesday, April 29th to Sunday, May 18th. More at MyNorth Community Events Calendar.
- Great Lakes Pastel Society Exhibition: At the Dennos Museum in Traverse City; features work from annual Society conference, which takes place in May in Traverse City. From Tuesday, April 29th to Sunday, May 25th. More details at MyNorth Community Events Calendar.