Photo by The Hofbrau
After Easter service, there’s only one question for the hungry post-Lent parishioner: “With all these restaurants in Northern Michigan, where do I get the best Northern Michigan brunch? I’m starving over here!”
With the area’s restaurant scene bursting at the seams, MyNorth’s curated list of Northern Michigan’s dearest and most delicious brunch locales will have your stomach grumbling in anticipation of that Easter Sunday tradition. All specials are available on Sunday, April 20th.
- Visit the Grey Gables Inn in Charlevoix for a spread worthy of royalty—or perhaps saints: cured ham, chef carved roast beef, eggs benedict with truffle hollandaise, and a Belgian chocolate fountain, all prepared by graduates of the CIA (that’s Culinary Institute of America, by the way). From 11 am to 2 pm. Call 231.547.9261 to make reservations; 308 Belvedere Avenue, Charlevoix. $20.
- The highest brunch spot in Northern Michigan has to be at Aerie, which sits atop the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa near Traverse City. From 10 am to 4 pm, feast on Aerie’s bountiful buffet, featuring Mahi, smoked salmon and ducktrap mussels, and other foodstuffs with French adjectives (i.e., Potatoes Boursin) that can only mean one thing: the food will be amazing—maybe even worth a 40-day wait. Call 231.534.6800 to make reservations; 100 Grand Traverse Resort Village Blvd, Williamsburg. $30.
The Hofbrau in Interlochen
- Drive 20 minutes south of Traverse City and experience the Hofbrau’s self-proclaimed “Greatest Sunday Brunch Up North.” For legal purposes, we can’t endorse that statement per se, but we’ll let you determine if their hand-carved prime rib, buffet of breakfast meats and handmade chocolate-covered strawberries is enough to validate their claim. Call 231.276.6979 for more details; 2784 M137, Interlochen. $20.
The Rowe Inn in Ellsworth
- If your intimidated by the enormity of Northern Michigan’s Easter smorgasbords, then perhaps you ought to make the trek up to the Rowe Inn in Ellsworth: from 11 am to 3 pm, enjoy a three course meal at one of Northern Michigan’s original locally-sourcing eateries. Call 231.588.7351 for reservations, or view their Easter menu; 6303 E Jordan Rd, Ellsworth. $25.
- Stop by a Northern Michigan staple for a gooey pecan roll or an exquisite omelet. While the Shoppe won’t have an Easter buffet, their raging popularity means it’ll be a tight squeeze into one of their two Traverse City locations. 1209 E. Front St or downtown at 124 Cass St. Call 231.946.0912 for their downtown locale.