Horizon Books in downtown Traverse City is a hub for literati in Northern Michigan. Here are some upcoming April events at Horizon for both child and adult book worms.
Book Signing: Bootstrapper by Mardi Link
- From noon to two pm on Saturday, April 12th, author Mardi Link will sign personalized copies of her book, Bootstrapper. This memoir, which takes place on a Traverse City farm, provides the reader with laughter, tears and everything in between. As Link weathered a divorce, raised three sons and kept her farm through thin and thinner, the universal truths and personal insights offered make it clear why this Northern Michigan mother and farmer was so triumphant.
DVD Launch Party: Dogman 2: Wrath Of The Litter
- Rich Brauer will be hosting a launch party to celebrate the release of Dogman 2: Wrath Of The Litter on DVD. The party will be held on Saturday, April 12th from 5 to 7 pm. Dogman 2 continues the story of the Northern Michigan myth first introduced in the original Dogman movie, also made by Brauer’s film production company, Brauer Productions. Both Dogman films were shot in Northern Michigan.
Book Signing: Viola Doyle: or An Unconventional Gift by Amy Lynn Spitzley
- Author Amy Lynn Spitzley will sign her novel Viola Doyle on Saturday, April 12th from 1 to 3 pm. Viola Doyle is a young-adult fantasy-mystery novel focused on the protagonist Viola, a strong-willed heroine charged with solving a uniquely Victorian-style mystery. Drawing on a wide range of influences, Spitzley’s book is a bona fide page-turner.
Children’s Reading: AnnMarie Chiaverilla’s The Twelve Months Of Michigan
- Michigan-based author AnnMarie Chiaverilla will read from her book on Saturday, April 26th. Travel through the state of Michigan with a family of field mice, led by Pirate Paul and Ana Mae Mouse. Learn not just the state symbols, but travel through the months and see some of the unique and beautiful places that make Michigan great. The reading runs from 10 am to noon.
Book Signing: Grama, You Are So Brave by Evelyn Johnson
- Join author Evelyn Johnson as she signs her recent publication on Saturday, April 19th. The book tells the story of a Grandmother stricken with cancer, and argues that even in life’s toughest moments, those we love can be their bravest. Signing runs from noon to 2 pm.
Horizon Books is located in downtown Traverse City at 243 E. Front Street.