Find out what’s on the bill in Northern Michigan with MyNorth’s list of Northern Michigan Theater Productions. From a cop drama to a goofball handyman-comedian to a family-friendly science experiment on stage, April’s looking like a pretty inviting month for the Northern Michigan theater buff:
Traverse City’s Old Town Playhouse
- Tuesday, April 1st: Auditions for studio production Leaving Iowa, 7 pm.
- Friday, April 4th to Saturday, April 19th: Steady Rain. Love, duty and honor are shaken to the core in this story of two Chicago cops, who must face the ramifications of their own fears and choices. This production contains mature language, content and situations.
Red Green in Roscommon
- On April 5th, comedian Red Green will take the stage at the Kirtland Center for the Performing Arts in Roscommon. Don’t miss the hilarious “Brand New Show from the Same Old Guy” who sold out the Kirtland Center on his last visit.
Opera from the Met, live via Satellite in Manistee
- Two Metropolitan Opera performances will be streamed live into Manistee’s Historic Ramsdell Theatre on Saturday, April 5th and Saturday, April 26th. On the 5th, enjoy Puccini’s La Boheme, a moving story of young love which is the most performed opera in Met history, and with good reason. On the 26th, watch Mozart’s Così Fan Tutte, a beloved opera about testing the ties of love.
The Freddy Fusion Show in Roscommon
- Disney Cruise Line’s favorite, Freddy Fusion, brings magic and the science of illusion out of the ethers and into the lab for the most amazing show on stage on Friday, April 11th at 8 pm. The show happens at Kirtland Center for the Performing Arts in Roscommon.
The (Female) Odd Couple in Manistee
- Unger and Madison are at it again! Florence Unger and Olive Madison, that is, in Neil Simon’s hilarious contemporary comic classic, The Female Version of The Odd Couple. Live at the Historic Ramsdell Theatre in Manistee from Friday, April 25th through Sunday the 27th, and Friday, May 2nd through Sunday the 4th.