Traverse City Festival of Food at Northwestern Michigan College offers an array of artful foods, cooking classes and more on Saturday, February 8, 2014.
Whether you’re a serious Northern Michigan home cook or simply enjoy food and drink, you’ll get inspired and energized as you watch demonstrations by area chefs, NMC Culinary instructors, and local gourmet food artisans. In this learn-a lot-quick experience, you’ll get fresh ideas and taste samples as you savor the local Northern Michigan culinary scene.
Choose four one-hour sessions from 16 options including Mediterranean inspired cuisine, Chinese crepes, gnocchi, homemade pasta, fusion cuisine, cheeses, cupcakes, and more. The $69 cost includes four demonstrations and lots of tasty samplings from 10am to 3pm. Find details at nmc.edu/festival-of-foods. To register, call NMC Extended Education at (231) 995-1700.
- Discover Chinese Crepes with Pete Peterson (Tapawingo Restaurant)
- Experience Gnocchi with author and chef Nancy Krcek Allen
- Gain confidence cooking local without a recipe with Chefs Eric Patterson and Jennifer Blakeslee (The Cook’s House)
- Make homemade pasta and sauce with Chef Mickey Cannon (Tuscan Bistro)
- Explore Mediterranean-inspired flavors with chef Giorgio Lo Greco (PepeNero)
- Become familiar with lavender and its uses in the kitchen with Sonja Richards (Harbor View Lavender Farm)
- Sample sweets, treats, and spices demonstrated by Andi Pellicci (As You Dish)
- Try Fusion Cuisine with Chef Anthony Craig (Georgina’s)
- Experience amazing vinegars and oils with Chef Andy (Fustini’s).