Northern Michigan wedding reception ideas and details are shared by Up North brides who have recently celebrated their big day in towns like Traverse City, Suttons Bay, Petoskey and more. Take these crafty hints and tweak them into your own vision. Plan on!
1. Drop your wedding cards in the mail slot. Photo by Dan Stewart Photography.
2. Let guests record where in the Mitt they came from. Photo by Dan and Melissa Photography.
3. Guests made a wish on the bonfire logs for newlyweds Susan and Ken Williamson at their beach wedding. Photo by Sisters Studio.
4. Just in case the guests get hot and restless … a personalized word search that doubles as a fan on the back of the wedding program. Photo by Dan Stewart Photography.
5. Allison Spaight and Greg Carlock scored photos of their guests any way they could (Facebook, old wedding albums …), printed them on glossy paper, glued them to note cards and turned them into table cards. The stands are actually tiki torches (“à la Kmart,” Allison tells us) that, paired with the barrel, play up this rustic wedding at Field of Flowers Farm in Lake Leelanau. Photo by Priceless Photography.
6. Your guests will have no problem finding their table with these large wooden table numbers perched on their own integrated stand. Photo by Alicia Magnuson Photography.