Northern Michigan Food & Wine: For a meal tossed in textures and fresh flavors, this salad can serve as a simple addition or rock a plate on its own. Kristin Celeste Shroeger of The Intentional Minimalist combines sweet and tender roasted beets, healthy spring greens, and a hint of mint and tangy goat cheese with a seasonal chive verjus dressing. Forks all around and spring delights abound!
This recipe features local produce from 9 Bean Rows Farm, Spring Hollow Farm and locally produced products from Food for Thought and Black Star Farms.
Don't miss these other summer salad classics from The Intentional Minimalist:
- Cajun Chicken Cucumber Salad
- Steak & Goat Cheese Salad
- Cauliflower Couscous Salad
- Baby Swiss Chard, Baby Bordeaux Spinach & Baby Pea Shoots Salad
- Blueberry Quinoa Salad
- Asparagus, Cauliflower and Pea Shoot Salad
- Chipotle Corn, Cucumber and Squash Ribbon Salad
- Redbor Kale & Mizuna Salad
- Spinach, Pear & Hazelnut Salad with Maple Leek Dressing