Northern Michigan Events: The 8th Annual Petoskey Stone Festival returns to Barnes Park in Antrim County this Saturday, May 25, 2013. This year's festivities include Petoskey stone hunts for prizes, Petoskey stone and Northern Michigan gemstone vendors, kids' fish pond, 5K Fun Run and lots of great Northern Michigan foods throughout the day.
We've got the schedule so you don't miss a minute!
- 7:30am Pre-festival event – registration 5K Fun Run/Walk – Pre-registration encouraged
- 8:30am Pre-festival event – 5K Fun Run/Walk Sponsored by Shanty Creek Resorts
- 9:30am Commissioners' Stone Skipping- Pre-registration required at the festival headquarters the day of the event
- 11am Petoskey Stone Hunt- Pre-registration required at the festival headquarters the day of the event
- 12pm Betty Dinger Memorial Award
- 1pm Wings of Wonder – Birds of prey show
- 2pm Grand Traverse County Canine Demonstrations
- 2:30pm Grand Traverse Band Youth Cultural Dancers
Activites held throughout the day:
• Free Kid’s Fish Pond – kids up to 12 years of age. Sponsored by Bellaire Conservation Club. • Albo the Clown
• Entertainment by Tommy Tropic
• Music by Danny Bellenbaum
• Great Northern Michigan Food • Petoskey Stone, Rock & Gem Vendors
Contact Christy Roman at 231-533-8363 or 231-599-2712 for more information.