Smoked Salmon, Morel and Scallion Pâté
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 ounce dried morels, brushed, reconstituted and drained (liquid reserved)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons reserved morel liquid, divided
- 6 ounces wild smoked salmon (preferably sockeye)
- 1 log chèvre cheese (11 ounces), cut into chunks
- ½ cup scallions (white and green parts) cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (for garnish if desired)
Note: Make great toast shapes by rolling out slices of bread with a rolling pin and cutting desired shapes with cookie cutters. Bake shapes on a baking sheet until crisp and serve with the pâté.
Directions: In a large sauté pan coated with cooking spray, cook morels over medium heat for about 9 minutes, adding ¼ cup of reserved morel liquid during the cooking process. The morel liquid will be absorbed at the end of the cooking time. Allow to cool. In a food processor, process the cooked morels, smoked salmon, chèvre cheese, scallions, and the 2 tablespoons of additional morel liquid—just enough to fully combine and chop all ingredients. Place finished appetizer spread in a bowl to serve. Garnish with chopped chives or additional scallions if desired.