Friday, May 17th
7-10pm Dance & Pig Roast
- Front St. Empire?
- $5.00 Admission Fee
- $10.00 For Pig Roast
- ??Come Dance & Dine on Art's Taverns famous Pig Roast and wash it down with one of your favorite Right Brain Brewery Brew!! It will be a foot-stompin' butt swingin' good time with music from The Benzie Playboys!
Saturday, May 18th
10am 5K Kick Ass-paragus Fun Run/Walk?
- Entry fee of $25
- Registration for the run starts at 9am at Empire Public Beach
- Click here for more info on the run!
11am Asparagus Recipe Contest Asparagas Cook-Off
2pm “The Ode to Asparagus” Asparagus Poetry Competition
- At Township Hall Front St
- Email entries to David Diller [email protected]
1-4pm Empire Area Museum will be open.
4pm Asparagus Parade
- No Entry Fee But MUST Salute Asparagus, Walk, Pedal, Dance, Horseback etc…
- Asparagus Eats/Wine and Beer Tasting under The BIG TENT
- $2.00 Entry Fee (Under Twelves Free)
- Scalawags Fish & Chips
- Stone House Bread
- Norconks Asparagus/Fresh & Pickled Asparagus
- Empire Village Inn
- Gemmas Coffee Shop & Baked Goods
- Joes Friendly Tavern
- The Good Harbor Grill
- Phils On Front
- Arts Tavern
- Deerings Market and Bakery/Asparagus Brats
- Trattoria Stella
- Black Star Farms
- Right Brain Brewery/Asparagus Beer
- Left Foot Charley
- Little Traverse Inn ?
- Bay Town Kitchen
7pm Finale Fun Food with Live Music!?
Enjoy Fresh local Food Prepared By Empire’s own Joe’s Friendly Tavern
- Jerk chicken thighs on a bed of marinated quinoa asparagus salad with asparagus/melon salad and french bread
- Asparagus ratatouille over smashed yukon gold potatoes served with asparagus /melon salad and french bread
- $15.00 each or $20.00 for both!
- Plus, your favorite Right Brain Brewery brew with free live music with local group “Goodboy”!
Sunday, May 19th
8am-12pm Empire Eagles Eagles Famous Breakfast at the Empire Township Hall