Northern Michigan Events: The Women's Winter Tour travels along the Leelanau Trail to Black Star Farms this Sunday, February 3rd! Join all the ladies of Northern Michigan in their 15th year of celebrating women, winter & chocolate. Here's how the day works:
1) Start at the Holiday Inn West Bay. Do your parking, registration and packet pickup. Here, you'll board the bus to your trail location! Buses will shuttle for pick up from 9am to 11am.
2) Choose your distance. Ladies have the option of an 8, 5 or 3km trek. The bus will take you to your starting point.
3) Choose your mode. Be it skiing, snowshoeing or hiking, the event goes on regardless of weather conditions!
4) Indulge along the way. Be treated like a queen as men "man" the course and serve you a selection of goodies at trail-side food stations.
5) Arrive at Black Star Farms. You'll get a well-deserved spread of Northern Michigan's local wines, chocolates, and restaurant favorites! The sampling begins at 9:30 am through 2pm, first come first serve. With your complimentary ticket into the tasting room, you and your pals will sample Little Bohemia's Famous Red Pepper Bleu Mac & Cheese, Higher Grounds Coffee, a large selection of soups and artisan bread from Crooked Tree Breadworks , the finest from Amical , Knot Just A Bar, Mackinaw Brewing Company and many more! Make sure to bring a bit of extra cash to treat yourself to a bottle of Black Star Farms award winning wine!
6) Board the bus for your trip back to the Holiday Inn. Drop off shuttles occur 11:30am-2:30pm.
Get more details on packet pickup and prices at womenswintertour.com. But hurry! Registration is open online until 5pm today, Friday February 1st! Sign up here. Registration fees increase this weekend Feb. 2nd and 3rd by $10 for Adult to $45, and Senior/Teenagers to $35. The child fee stays at $10.