The Leelanau Conservancy is serving up a delicious opportunity for Conservancy donors! Celebrity chef Mario Batali is offering the “Molto Big Apple Weekend for Six Raffle”—a culinary weekend in New York City. The raffle will raise money to preserve the Leelanau farmland that Mario loves. Tickets go on sale June 12, 2012 at 10 a.m., and the winner will be drawn at the Leelanau Conservancy’s Annual Picnic on Thursday, August 2nd, 2012. Get six of your gourmand friends together for a chance at a weekend with the food maestro; but no matter if yours is not the winning ticket, you will still be helping to save Leelanau farmland!
The “Molto Big Apple Weekend for Six” package includes:
- Salumi & Wine tasting for 6 guests at Otto, Batali’s Enoteca Pizzaria in Greenwich Village
- Dinner at Otto for 6 guests
- Six-course tasting menu at Babbo (another Batali resteraunt) cooked by Mario for 6 guests
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Eataly, an Italian artisinal food and wine market, for 6 guests
- Olive oil class for 6 guests
- Lunch at Pizza/Pasta at Eataly for 6 guests
- $6,000 cash to defray travel expenses
- A maximum of 100 Raffle Tickets will be sold. Price: $1,000 each
- Tickets will go on sale June 12th at 10am
- Only Conservancy donors may buy tickets for the first two weeks (June 12th-June 26th, 2012)
- Tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. To find out how to buy a ticket, visit our website.
- Winning ticket will be drawn at the Picnic on August 2nd. You need not be present to win and tickets are not transferable.
- Visit our website for a complete description of the prize and raffle rules.
“Michigan is my second home – my sanctuary away from the my hectic life in New York City. My family and I are in love with the land, the lakes and the farms of Leelanau and I’m honored to help raise money to help it stay protected and beautiful so that future generations can enjoy it as much as we do now.”—Mario Batali