The festival will feature 7 Tall Ships. On Friday September 10th, the Grand Parade of Sail will be a beautiful sight as the ships sail down West Grand Traverse Bay together and dock at Clinch Marina. Saturday events include ship tours, food, entertainment, the Ring of Steel pirate reenactment troupe, artist vendors, kids games, and ticketed sailings, including a special “gun battle sail” aboard the Armed Sloop Welcome. Sunday starts off with a "Pancakes with Pirates" breakfast at the Open Space with more fun to follow.
A total of seven schooners will be on hand for the festival. These include Maritime Heritage Alliance’s three ships—Madeline, Welcome and Champion—as well as four tall ships from around the region.
- Schooner tours and sailing throughout the weekend
- Daily demonstrations and reenactments
- Maritime music throughout the weekend
- Daily children’s activities with food and funfor all ages
- Pancakes with Pirates breakfast
For more information: michiganschoonerfestival.org